As an integral part of the Our Ocean Conference, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and the Sustainable Ocean Alliance will co-host the third Our Ocean, Our Legacy Youth Leadership Summit, which will take place on October 29-30, 2018 in Bali!
We've received over 500 applications from 65 countries around the globe, and have selected 200 projects that are the most aligned with Our Ocean Conference and SOA's mission.
OUR OCEAN 2018: OUR OCEAN, OUR LEGACY
Our Ocean Conference 2018 will convene participants from countries across the globe to ensure diverse perspectives from various stakeholders, including governments, commercial sectors, financing entities, scientific communities, civil society organizations, and young leaders. Heads of States, Ministers, and champions from various backgrounds will also be invited to influence concrete and actionable commitments to preserve the oceans' health. Our Ocean, Our Legacy will be the theme of this year's Our Ocean Conference, as it reflects our choices and actions to maintain the sustainability of our oceans' resources and to preserve our ocean's health, as a heritage presented for our children and grandchildren.
OUR OCEAN, OUR LEGACY YOUTH LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
The youth summit will draw high-level ocean leaders, who will interact with student participants, facilitate breakout sessions, and provide youth with insights for their ocean projects and commitments. Additionally, youth leaders will have the opportunity to join the main conference on the 2nd day of the event.
Approximately 200 youth leaders from 50 countries worldwide will be selected to participate in the third Our Ocean, Our Legacy Youth Leadership Summit. Participants will be responsible for their travel and accommodation expenses*.
Benefits of attending:
- Become an #SOAYouthLeader and join our global community represented in over 50 countries
- Network with 500+ policymakers, corporate leaders, heads of international organizations, foundations, and NGOs
- Receive mentorship and develop your professional skill sets by learning from business, government, and science experts
- Discover the unique challenges facing Bali and learn how the local community is addressing them
- Meet with entrepreneurs who are building scalable ocean startups to help protect and sustain our ocean
- Application is now closed. Selected participants will be announced on the event website and SOA social media channels on September 10th, 2018.
- *Scholarships to cover travel expenses may become available and we encourage all selected candidates to apply. Selected candidates will be announced on September 10th, 2018.
What do ocean youth leaders say about the youth summit
Useful information from past Our Ocean Youth Leadership Summits:
- Take-aways from Our Ocean Youth Leadership in Malta last October
- Media centre with photos and videos from Our Ocean 2017 in Malta
Read blog posts from ocean youth leaders experience who attended previous youth summits: